Elephants Walking Through Mfuwe Lodge in Zambia Africa
Elephants won't be the only ones walking through the bush on a walking safari in Zambia. Check out the gently giant strutting straight through Mfuwe Lodge in the South Luangwa, Zambia. The vimeo is courtesy of our partners at The Bushcamp Company.
ALL ABOUT MFUWE LODGE
NESTED IN SOUTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARK
- The South Luangwa National Park boasts verdant floodplains, mopane woodlands and indigenous hardwood forests, and a mighty river that attracts more than 60 different species of mammals and 400 species of birds. It’s a natural utopia and one of Africa’s truly great wildlife sanctuaries.
- The allure of Mfuwe Lodge, set just inside the main gate of the park, is instantly obvious. Beneath a canopy of ebony and mahogany, its thatched buildings are arranged around the banks of two lagoons where an endless stream of wildlife will keep you enthralled as you lounge on the open deck or take a dip in the swimming pool. The open-plan central lodge facility incorporates reception, lounge, dining and bar areas, under a thatch roof supported by palm poles and dominated by two impressive chimneys at opposite ends.
- There is a broad timber deck where the swimming pool is situated overlooking the main lagoon as well as an impressive library and curio shop. Mfuwe Lodge boasts a bush spa where all manner of relaxing and healing treatments are provided while guests relax overlooking the hippo pod in the lagoon below. Scattered along two lagoons' shady banks lie 18 thatched chalets from where you can enjoy your own private piece of Africa. Lovely furnishings stand on polished wooden floors, and three double doors open onto secluded, covered verandas overlooking the lagoon. The newly refurbished African interiors offer walk-in mosquito-net-shrouded beds, cooled by fan, a comfortable sitting area and en-suite bathrooms with panoramic walk-in showers. The game-viewing potential at Mfuwe Lodge and the surrounding area is second-to-none.
- Walking safaris can be arranged on request, but the majority of outings are game drives, allowing guests to explore as much of this prolific region of the Luangwa Valley as possible. Drives are led by an experienced team of guides, setting out at first light, and then again in the late afternoon when the wildlife is at its most active. After sundowners, spotlights are used to pick out a new cast of nocturnal creatures.
- While game viewing activities are included in the accommodation rate at Mfuwe Lodge, additional activities, such as bush walks, local village and school visits and a visit to the local textile company are also available at a supplemental cost. Please advise if you are interested in these optional activities so that we can look into availability and pricing.
- Located just inside the South Luangwa National Park, 45 minutes drive from Mfuwe
- Co-ordinates - S 13º04.784’ - E031º47.430’
Opening Dates/Child Policy
- Mfuwe Lodge is open all year
- All age groups are accommodated at Mfuwe Lodge
- 18 Guest Chalets (2 suites, 3 family rooms, 3 double and 10 twin rooms) • Guide/Tour Leader – 3 rooms • Each chalet has its own private deck
- The chalets are equipped with en-suite shower, twin wash basins and toilet, international power sockets, toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner and skin moisturiser), hair dryers, personal safe, mosquito nets and fans (no air conditioners)
- Our suites have en-suite bath and showers with a sitting area upstairs • Family chalets have a king size double bed upstairs with a small “day bed” in the sitting
- area with en-suite shower, twin wash basins and toilet
- Double chalets have a king size double bed with a sitting area, en-suite shower, twin wash basins and toilet • Twin chalets have two queen size beds with a sitting area, en-suite shower, twin wash basins and toilet
- The open plan central lodge facility incorporates reception, lounge, dining and bar areas, under a thatch roof supported by palm poles and dominated by two impressive chimneys at opposite ends.
- There is a broad timber deck where the swimming pool is situated overlooking the main lagoon.
- Library with a private deck
- Mfuwe Lodge boasts a Bush Spa where all manner of relaxing & healing treatments are
provided whilst guests relax overlooking the hippo pod in the lagoon below.