Abu Camp in Africa Announces Birth of Naledi, Their New Elephant Calf
Among Bushtracks Expeditions top accommodations is Abu Camp located in the Okavango Delta in Botswana. Abu Camp is delighted to announce that Kitimetse gave birth to her second calf on the 27th of November 2013. Her new calf, a female, was born at 1:39am on the most incredible starry night, hence her name, Naledi, meaning ‘star’ in Setswana. There is no doubt that our guests are going to be enthralled with the antics of this newest addition to the family! Please see attached for the full release.
The Abu Elephant Experience
Abu Camp's resident elephant herd offers an unparalleled opportunity to become steeped in the African environment and transform your perception of elephants, wildlife and hopefully, your outlook on life itself. The Abu herd offers an incomparable opportunity to intimately engage and physically interact with elephants through varied activities. Shortly after arriving at camp, guests will be personally introduced to the herd, with the activities that follow over the remainder of the stay offering an all-encompassing and satisfying experience in the world of the elephant.
Abu Camp's Elephant Activities Include:
• Walk with the elephants
• Physically interact with the herd
• Participate in or just observe activities such as mud bathing, training and veterinary care
• Engage in elephant-back safaris
• View wildlife from the back of an elephant
• Discuss elephant conservation and care with local researchers
• Gain insightful interpretation of elephant behavior
For African safari trip reservation information regarding Abu Camp, please contact 800-995-8689 for a trip planning guide or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baby Asian Elephant at Melbourne Zoo Is the Cutest Thing Ever (news.softpedia.com)
- Safari camp! (healinghelena.wordpress.com)
- African, Asian Nations Agree on 'Urgent' Steps to Save Elephants (voanews.com)